Called

I got my call. Kentucky Louisville. Spanish speaking. It's nothing like what I expected, but altogether where I am meant to go. I've only known for a few hours at this point, but here are a few handy things I've learned about the area so far (thanks to Wikipedia):
  • Louisville sits on the Ohio River
  • Tornadoes exist there
  • Average snowfall in a winter is about 14-15 inches
  • The rainfall average is 44-45 inches annually (almost 4x more than Tucson!!!)
  • It was an active city in the slave trade
  • Summertime is hot and humid
  • It ranks in the top ten safest large cities
  • The mayor is a Democrat
  • About 3% of the population is Hispanic
  • There's a temple there! :)
  • The area has pioneered some important medical procedures, including heart transplants
  • The area code there is 502. I'm going to have a seriously hard time not mixing that up with my home area code of 520
I know that when you Google a place you're always going to get the prettiest stuff first, but man is it cool there! Bodies of water are generally really dramatic to me since there is approximately zero water to behold in Arizona.


Anyway, I'm excited. Nervous, sure, but still so pleased. :)

Comments

streeker said…
Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I love the internet. It's so cool how you can just go find facts and pictures and whatever you want to know :)
Lou said…
Oh my goodness!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations a hundred times! :) It is going to be so awesome and, with your testimony and love of the gospel, you are going to be an absolutely wonderful, awesome, and amazing missionary!!! :) I told my mom and she was positively green with envy; we lived back on the east coast when I was little and would visit Kentucky, and she said it's one of the most beautiful places ever! :) Congratulations!!! :D
kelsey said…
You're going to have real winters! How stoked are you?! I just realized something... you will be in Provo for a long time. Good thing we have a same-day delivery mailbox to the MTC on campus!! There is a very good chance you will be getting letters from me a couple times a week. haha

Popular posts from this blog

Space Travel

Sacred Spaces

Light, Laughter, and Living in Real Time