Iced Over

This whole post is collection of the stuff that has happened in the last few days. You've been given fair warning as to how random all of this is.

Firstly, remember when I posted the other day about how cold it was? Yeah, that was nothing. It got way colder than that. On Wednesday or Thursday, I checked the weather, and with windchill the temperature was 5 degrees. That doesn't happen here! Kelsey, I know you're scoffing again, but that's crazy business! At any rate, I got to wear my big coat with fur, my scarf, and a fun beanie! Also, our fountains froze over! It was totally nuts, but so dang cool to see. The weather has warmed up, but there's still ice out there. Also, remember when I posted about all of our lights that were trying to keep our plants warm? They didn't really work. Most of them are damaged now, and my dad isn't sure how well they'll come back. As he says it, frost-tolerant plants are rarely pretty. That's why we don't own any. Haha



This one is from today. You can see the ice there in the background, but it is definitely melting.



I got a new iPod! I would never get rid of Old Faithful, my giant iPod with my whole life preserved on it. However, I got this little guy, dubbed Baby Pod, to take running. The exciting thing is that I didn't even spend any money on it. I sold back four textbooks to Amazon, and they gave me $170! Just for four! So, I used my hand-dandy Amazon credit to buy an iPod Shuffle! It's so tiny, I sometimes worry that I'm going to lose it. And I still have Amazon money burning a hole in my pocket. Haha



This photo is for Kendle. I was sitting on my bed, taking pictures of Baby Pod when I looked up and saw my awesome paintings. Not a bad view, eh? :)

Comments

Lou said…
Love the pictures of the ice! They turned out really cool :) I can't believe you still have ice!
kendle sue said…
i love your fountains... even iced over! :)

and i'm particularly fond of that picture... it is a nice view! lol....

and that baby ipod is just about the cutest thing ever!
Celeste said…
oh my goooooosh!!!! those ice pictures are SWEET!!!! did you see the fire hydrant outside of the institute that one day??
kelsey said…
this whole situation is making me laugh at you all. trust me, i know it's cold, especially for tucson, but it is also hilarious.

Popular posts from this blog

Space Travel

Sacred Spaces

Light, Laughter, and Living in Real Time