Instant Gratification

As evidenced by my post about the death penalty, I've been contemplating politics a little bit lately. But only the ones that don't make me really angry. Today I thought about how awesome the US is. My good buddy Tanner wrote and article for UA's newspaper (see it here).

He wrote about the young generation that helped overturn the government in Egypt. People my age. At the end, he said that he stood by them. He asked the readers if they stood by them also. It made me think about how great this country is. We aren't perfect, but we got it right the first time (if you don't count the Articles of Confederation that came before the present Constitution). I basically just contradicted myself, but, by and large we've been fully functioning since the Declaration of Independence was signed.

I have never once thought my rights as an individual were violated. Never. I have never once been censored, persecuted, forced to act a certain way, do a certain thing, or believe a certain something. This country rocks.

To jump on the social bandwagon (and the journalism bandwagon), I created a Twitter account today (see it here). In doing so, I chose to "follow" the Associated Press. Well, they put up this little snippet right around 12:30 a.m. Arizona time:



America does a lot of silly things. When you look at this though, we kind of have an awesome deal.

P.S. The 24-hour news cycle both rocks, and kind of destroys the world. In this instance, the immediate information transmission is really cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Travel

Sacred Spaces

Light, Laughter, and Living in Real Time