Center Field
I've never wanted to be anything other than a Conservative as far as politics go. Never. As I've gotten older I've drifted closer to the center, but am still right-wing in general.
Well, mark tonight as another victory for the crazed liberal yuppies and their persuasive prose. I'm reading a John Grisham novel right now, and it made some very good points about the death penalty and how awful it is.
My new official stance on the issue: bad.
What's weird is that just a few years ago I wrote a whole satire in my honors English class about capital punishment. I firmly believed in it then.
You're asking about the reason I don't like it anymore? A man in the book, a minister actually, noted that Jesus Christ would have never wanted us to kill others for their wrongdoings. John Grisham is a crazed liberal yuppie. I wonder if he even believes in Jesus Christ... I guess he's from the South, so he ought to have some form of religion in his life. Regardless, I think he wrote it right.
Do I have a better plan? Nope. That's why I'm not a politician and am not studying political science in college. Don't ask me what we ought to do in the meantime. Don't expect me at any rallies to put a stop to the use of the needle. Trust me, I'm still thinking through this whole procedure in our judicial system.
The thing about it that's a little funny is that, in all honesty, I think people deserve to die if they've committed such heinous crimes. But, that's the testosterone, gun-loving, small-government side of me speaking. The nonpolitical, religious side is thinking otherwise.
Just think about what Jesus Christ would do if he were the judge in a courtroom looking down at a killer. I can't imagine he'd sentence that person to death.
Well, mark tonight as another victory for the crazed liberal yuppies and their persuasive prose. I'm reading a John Grisham novel right now, and it made some very good points about the death penalty and how awful it is.
My new official stance on the issue: bad.
What's weird is that just a few years ago I wrote a whole satire in my honors English class about capital punishment. I firmly believed in it then.
You're asking about the reason I don't like it anymore? A man in the book, a minister actually, noted that Jesus Christ would have never wanted us to kill others for their wrongdoings. John Grisham is a crazed liberal yuppie. I wonder if he even believes in Jesus Christ... I guess he's from the South, so he ought to have some form of religion in his life. Regardless, I think he wrote it right.
Do I have a better plan? Nope. That's why I'm not a politician and am not studying political science in college. Don't ask me what we ought to do in the meantime. Don't expect me at any rallies to put a stop to the use of the needle. Trust me, I'm still thinking through this whole procedure in our judicial system.
The thing about it that's a little funny is that, in all honesty, I think people deserve to die if they've committed such heinous crimes. But, that's the testosterone, gun-loving, small-government side of me speaking. The nonpolitical, religious side is thinking otherwise.
Just think about what Jesus Christ would do if he were the judge in a courtroom looking down at a killer. I can't imagine he'd sentence that person to death.
Comments