Down South

I wish I had a Southern accent. *said in a Southern accent*

This one time, we went to a YSA activity at Old Tucson. There was a gun show (that I only saw the last 10 minutes of -- that was all I needed). We had a delicious pulled-pork sandwich dinner. Eric introduced me to a wonderful iPod game while we were supposed to be listening to a speaker. Who has a spiritual speaker at a Friday night activity? North Stake. That's who. Then we had a dance.

Instead of dancing for the first hour or so, a big group of us (me, Eric, Tanner, Hank, Mason, Kendle, Alexa, Kelsie, Sarah, Katrina) took pictures outside and made fun of everyone else. So, basically, we just did what we always do. Sadly, I don't have the pictures. Kelsie does. Expect them to be floating around the internet sooner or later.

After we made fun of everyone, we danced. It was just the right amount -- a good mixture of slow and fast, and enough to work out a little bit without getting ridiculously sweaty.

We talked in Southern accents (even though we were in the Wild West). Mine was particularly terrible. It was hilarious and I still want one. A real one. We also dressed in plaid flannel. Naturally, we were all a little too stylized for cowboys, but we did our best to be "western." We were happier than a pig in mud.

It was a fun night.

::

On a different note, we've started taking applications for entrance into our clique. We're kind of a big deal, you know. Even the bishopric pays attention to our tightly bonded group. Ha ha

There are several notable entries. I think our Old Tucson adventure was a good setting to see how well new blood would mesh in our group.

There will undoubtedly be a long selection process. If you've applied, we'll get back to you on your application status. It's a serious procedure. Be patient.

Bahaha

Comments

kendle sue said…
this makes me happy.

lol... i guess that wasnt even that awesome of a comment. i shoulda just commented on your political post... but i just dont have any opinions on that kinda stuff. sigh. what a life.

also... i'll send you my votes for the new applicants. i'll make sure this process gets a rolling! :) lol!!

Popular posts from this blog

Iced Over

Maturing

Space Travel