Upswing

I find it slightly remarkable how quickly your day can be turned around. It's not like today was a truly awful day. On the contrary, things were going alright. I was just stressing myself out like crazy over this news story I have due tomorrow. Granted, I still haven't written it, which is the main thing, but at 1:45 in the afternoon, you only have one of your four required sources, and you nail down the remaining three, things get a whole lot cheerier. One of which was a fantastically forward nutritionist who loved to chit chat, which made my job as an interviewer really easy (thank the heavens). You're saying, "1:45? That's awfully early in the day to be stressing out about it." Normally I would agree, however, when your sources are real people, you can't just Wikipedia it at midnight. I don't think most people like to be called and bothered at midnight (I know I don't), so you kind of have to plan accordingly, which gets a little tricky if they're out of their office or leave at 5. Who does that?

Anyway, the story isn't written, but having the sources to write the piece is a big chunk of the frustration. Things just worked out so perfectly today. I might not be saying the same thing in two hours when I'm trying to write the story, but for now I'm pretty happy.

Oh, and seeing a man in a kilt was a pretty funny thing too, so that made this afternoon even a little bit better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Travel

Sacred Spaces

Light, Laughter, and Living in Real Time