This Must Be It
Welcome to the new year.
I'm sort of mortified that it's 2011. As each year passes, I think about everything I wanted to accomplish but didn't. The more I think about what didn't happen this year, the more I think about what I want to do next year. A lot of the things on that list carry over from year to year, and that will probably happen for the rest of my life. What probably should happen at this time of year is to look back at all of the awesome things that happened and what I was able to accomplish. As I do that, I feel a little bit better about all of the stuff that I didn't accomplish because I really did do some cool stuff in 2010.
I've never been one to say good riddance to a year of badness and welcome in a fresh start. As time has gone on, I still think that if you're waiting for January 1st for your fresh start, you need to take a look around. Your fresh start begins when you're ready to put in the effort and make it a new and better time for yourself. Interestingly enough, the point that I chose to do that coincided with the beginning of 2010, and that's why it was pretty freaking good as a whole.
I didn't feel well last night, and so I didn't hang out with my friends as we counted down the seconds to 2011. Instead, I slept in the comfort of my warm bed. That wasn't nearly as much fun, but before the sickness and sleep, I thought of a few things to say in the event we had a little toast with our bubbly. We do that occasionally, and it seems like I'm the one that has to make something up on the spot, so I thought I'd be prepared.
Anyway, I propose a toast. I raise my glass to the year we shared together -- to the memories made and the friendships both strengthened and created; to all of our successes and failures, and how we celebrated each others' triumphs and shared each others' burdens; and to my warm heart that is so filled with the love you give to me. May 2011 bring you great fortune, wisdom, and happiness. I sincerely hope that we laugh as much as we did last year, create as many hilarious memories to look back on, and say "that's-what-she-said" just as often as in 2010.
Happy New Year.
:)
I'm sort of mortified that it's 2011. As each year passes, I think about everything I wanted to accomplish but didn't. The more I think about what didn't happen this year, the more I think about what I want to do next year. A lot of the things on that list carry over from year to year, and that will probably happen for the rest of my life. What probably should happen at this time of year is to look back at all of the awesome things that happened and what I was able to accomplish. As I do that, I feel a little bit better about all of the stuff that I didn't accomplish because I really did do some cool stuff in 2010.
I've never been one to say good riddance to a year of badness and welcome in a fresh start. As time has gone on, I still think that if you're waiting for January 1st for your fresh start, you need to take a look around. Your fresh start begins when you're ready to put in the effort and make it a new and better time for yourself. Interestingly enough, the point that I chose to do that coincided with the beginning of 2010, and that's why it was pretty freaking good as a whole.
I didn't feel well last night, and so I didn't hang out with my friends as we counted down the seconds to 2011. Instead, I slept in the comfort of my warm bed. That wasn't nearly as much fun, but before the sickness and sleep, I thought of a few things to say in the event we had a little toast with our bubbly. We do that occasionally, and it seems like I'm the one that has to make something up on the spot, so I thought I'd be prepared.
Anyway, I propose a toast. I raise my glass to the year we shared together -- to the memories made and the friendships both strengthened and created; to all of our successes and failures, and how we celebrated each others' triumphs and shared each others' burdens; and to my warm heart that is so filled with the love you give to me. May 2011 bring you great fortune, wisdom, and happiness. I sincerely hope that we laugh as much as we did last year, create as many hilarious memories to look back on, and say "that's-what-she-said" just as often as in 2010.
Happy New Year.
:)
Comments