Utard

This is old news, but I felt like the world would like to know about my little vacation at the beginning of the month. Hank and I jumped on a plane to head to the good old SLC. We went to Utah to go to General Conference and embark on various other adventures. We had tickets to three sessions (THREE!), so we were pretty stoked.


We got in on a Friday (Oct 1st), and drove on down to Provo. We met up with Kelsey and had a grand time at Olive Garden. We're hilarious, if you didn't already know. That dinner just confirmed it. Ha ha.

On Saturday we ran up to Conference in the morning. We took Kels and gave away our extra ticket. Conference was brilliant, as always, and it was fantastic to hear the good words. Being in the Conference Center makes it all the better.



Later, Kelsey went to the afternoon session and we hung out for a while. After an afternoon in downtown Salt Lake, a trip to Deseret Book, driving through the hills overlooking the city, looking at the Salt Lake Temple, we went to the Priesthood Session. It was easily my favorite session of the weekend. Maybe you aren't supposed to have favorites, but I definitely do. Amazing. That's all there is to it.


After Priesthood, we stopped by the Draper temple. It was already late, and it was just a quick jaunt off the freeway, so we drove up the hill. It's awesome. :)



Sunday we went up to Heber to visit some of Hank's friends. Sadly, they weren't home, but I didn't mind because the drive was beautiful. We stopped at Bridal Veil Falls, and I was so impressed. They weren't giant or anything, but still, totally amazing. Earth rocks.





We went to the Sunday afternoon session, which was excellent, and then headed back to Provo. Hank, Kelsey and I went to Outback for dinner. We're heathens, but it was delicious food. Afterward we walked around the Provo Temple. I like that temple, even though it's kind of bizarre. Whatever. We walked all over the BYU campus too. I can't believe how small it is. I could totally see myself going to school there in the future. The more time I spent in Utah, the more I really really liked it. Although, I've never been there during the winter, so that might be a deal breaker. Ha ha.



Monday, we couldn't hang out with Kelsey because she was crazy busy working on school and stuff, so Hank and I checked out of "home" (aka Travelodge). We weren't exactly sure what we were going to do, so we jumped on the freeway. Well, as it turns out, there are seven temples in general area between Provo and north Salt Lake. We decided to see the rest of the ones that we hadn't been to that weekend. On Monday alone we saw:
  • Mount Timpanogos
  • Oquirrh Mountain
  • Jordan River
  • Bountiful
not including the Salt Lake Temple we saw later that day when we cruised around Temple Square for a while. All in all, we saw seven temples in the course of one weekend. Remarkable, huh?








All in all, it was a fantastic trip. Hank and I are still speaking, and we even upgraded to First Class on our way home, to really come back in style. Seriously though, I really enjoyed my time in Utah, and I think that it is a pretty cool place if you can put up with all of the Utards. Ha ha. I'd missed you Kelsey, so it was super fun to see you too. :)



Who knows where life will take me, but I won't be that upset if I end up in Utah. You can start calling me a Utard now. Ha ha.

Comments

kendle sue said…
bah. i love that ONE picture! well, really... i love them all, but especially the ONE! :)
kelsey said…
hey, i got your message about your new blog but i had never looked at it before now! i love it! thanks for coming up and visiting me and taking me to conference and all that jazz. it was great!
kelsey said…
ps- i really love that one picture of the mt. timp temple and the flowers!! is that the one kendle is talking about?

Popular posts from this blog

Space Travel

Sacred Spaces

Light, Laughter, and Living in Real Time