Success Story
One time, I got an award for my good grades from the J-school. And another time, I came in second place in a writing competition sponsored by the J-school. I got an email a few weeks ago about attending this thing called Just Desserts (turns out they only serve desserts at this thing). Well, I didn't think much about it until later when I got a second email about it, and my friend Brenna talked to me about. Turns out, it's a special event for journalism students that have been nominated and/or won things all throughout the year.
Well, I assumed that I would be recognized for the previously mentioned writing competition. And I was. And that was nice. But, I also received a Certificate of Merit, and I don't even know what I did! I think my favorite professor must have nominated me. They handed out about 15 of these certificates, but I was still very shocked and flattered to have received an award unexpectedly. My buddy Kristina also got that award. Yay!
Brenna won a scholarship and an award for excellent reporting! Go girl! I think Kristina and Brenna's excellence is rubbing off on me, that's why I've gotten this kind of stuff. I'm sticking with it though, because if you find success somewhere there's no reason not to go for it!
On an unrelated note, I look really good in business casual (though I definitely bent a few of the business casual rules). Hahaha
Well, I assumed that I would be recognized for the previously mentioned writing competition. And I was. And that was nice. But, I also received a Certificate of Merit, and I don't even know what I did! I think my favorite professor must have nominated me. They handed out about 15 of these certificates, but I was still very shocked and flattered to have received an award unexpectedly. My buddy Kristina also got that award. Yay!
Brenna won a scholarship and an award for excellent reporting! Go girl! I think Kristina and Brenna's excellence is rubbing off on me, that's why I've gotten this kind of stuff. I'm sticking with it though, because if you find success somewhere there's no reason not to go for it!
On an unrelated note, I look really good in business casual (though I definitely bent a few of the business casual rules). Hahaha
Brenna, Kristina, me [these two are what make this program worth it!]
Comments